ZIP Password Recovery and masking

Hi,

I need to unlock a zip file and I found your app

https://products.aspose.app/zip/password-recovery/zip

has almost all I need to do it in my specific case. I said almost because I think its missing only one thing: the ability to put the containing word at the end of the password and not only at the beginning.

My zip file has a 12 digit password. I know the last 6 characters so I only need to figure out the first 6 which can be lower and upper case letters and digits. Is there any way to do it?

Thank you.

@supercain

Could you please share the ZIP file and the password that you know?

Hi,

Im afraid not quite since it contains sensitive information. I can share the part of the password I know though.

Thank you.

@supercain

We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is ZIPAPP-10.

Thank you! You are my last hope!

@supercain

You’re welcome.

Hi,

any update on this issue?

Thank you.

@supercain

This ticket is still under investigation.

Hi,

Is there any hope?

Thank you.

@supercain

Please note that all free support queries/tickets are assisted on first come first serve basis. Your ticket is still under investigation. We’ll notify you in case of any progress update.

Hi, @supercain
My apology for the long non-response. My algorithm inserts the known part of the password in all places, not just at the beginning or at the end.

This application was created rather to demonstrate that password brute force is possible only by the browser using WebAssembly and our Aspose.Zip library, without accessing any server. It is not possible to achieve high speed, it is difficult for the browser to work fast with cryptographic libraries. I recommend that you use dedicated high performance software.

Cant it be modified so it inserts the known part at the end?

I have scheduled the task, I will do it when I finish other higher priority tasks.

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

@supercain you are welcome.