Word --> PDF page break and hyphenation

Hi, for a customer within the public theatre we are using Aspose within ActaNova (AN) SW. The customer is producing Word documents - and via AN we are creating PDF. Since these Word documents are produced within public hearings the idea is that the PDF should be 1:1 compared to Word. What we are seeing is the following behavior:
Word:
“Zusammensetzung der neuen Kom-
mission …”
PDF Aspose Konversion:
“Zusammensetzung der neuen
Kommission …”
How can we make sure that the Word text is converted 1:1 towards PDF?

P.S. Opening MS Word and saving as PDF within MS Word using MS Word mechanism works fine

Many thanks in advance,
Harald

Hi Harald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you, please, provide more details? What Aspose.Words service do you use: on premise API, cloud API or cross platform apps?

1 Like

Hi, I have tested it with cross platfrom apps: Convert Files Online - Word, PDF, HTML, JPG And Many More

If it helps, I can provide the Word File

Please, attach the document so that we may further investigate to help you.

I am not authorized to attach Word Files

according to your upload policy

Could you, please, zip file and attach it? Sorry for inconvenience.

I trust taht you handle it with care :wink:[456853731] PA Gründung Kulturförderkommission; Grundlagen und personelle Zusammensetzung.zip (86.5 KB)

Thanks.
This issue is reproduced and logged with id AAPPS-64 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by the product team. We will keep you updated on its status.

1 Like

Hi. Any news on this issue? Many thanks, Harald

Hi,
We’re working on your issue and I hope that it will be fixed on this week

We are happy to inform you that we added hyphenation but unfortunately there is no full compliance with the pdf file saved in Microsoft Word, because the document with German language is processed in a special way. Aspose.Words developers team is informed about this behavior and will try to reproduce it in Aspose.Words. The ticket is created in our issue tracking system with the id #WORDSNET-18025. We will keep you updated on its status but we cannot be certain that it will be done in a near future. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks. I can see that hyphenation makes more sense now.
What I see is that page breaking is still an issue. The Aspose generated PDF is still following its own rules when it comes to breaking a page. Will you tackle this behavior within the new ticket?
Harad

Yes, this is the basis of the ticket.

Hi. One question that is linked to the hyphenation fix. Is this fix also available for Aspose Words for .NET? Thank you in advance.

Hi Harald,

If you want to use hyphenation with Aspose.Words .NET, you need to register the necessary dictionary. See an example:

Free dictionaries can be downloaded from here: