Question about using free aspose android doc reader

I recently downloaded and installed the free Aspose -Words 1-0-54.apk (46.69MB) on Android 11 phone. I transferred several MS Word Documents to the phone by cable from computer. I just wanted to read the documents. When I first tried to open the doc file on the phone, a message comes up that I need to have internet connection to see the document. I think that is a little strange, since some people may not have access to internet. At any rate, I turned on the wifi, and then tried again to open the docs, and I was able to see and read the docs, no problem. So my first question is, why is it necessary to have internet connection when opening the document the first time? Ok, for a test, I turned off the internet connection on the phone, and opened (the previously opened docs) and was able to open the docs no problem. So my question is, will I always be able to open and read these docs (without internet), or is there some time limit on how long I will be able to open these docs without internet?

@jimdays

It seems that the Aspose.Words application you are using is designed to operate offline, as it is an on-premises API. However, an internet connection may be required initially if the document contains external resources, such as images, that need to be downloaded. Once these resources are cached, you should be able to open and read the documents without an internet connection.

From your testing, it appears that after the initial access with an internet connection, you can open the documents offline without any issues. There should not be a time limit on how long you can access these documents offline, as long as the necessary resources have been downloaded and cached during your first access.

If you want to manage how external resources are handled, you can use the IResourceLoadingCallback interface, which allows you to control the loading of these resources.

In summary, you should be able to read your documents offline indefinitely, provided that all required resources have been successfully downloaded during your initial access.

Sources:
[1]: Run Aspose.Words offline

Thank you for the fast and precise answer.
Screenshot_2024-10-22-09-47-04.jpg (205.2 KB)

I have another question. When I look at a doc on the Android 11 phone with the free Aspose app, the page numbering is sometimes wrong. For example, on a 5 page Microsoft Word document, as I scroll down, I might see at the bottom, Page 1 of 5, Page 2 of 5… Page 6 of 5, Page 7 of 5, Page 8 of 5, Page 9 of 5. My question is, why does the software show this strange numbering? Is there a way to correct this so when I scroll, the software shows the correct page numbering? See below screenshot. On a 5 page document, I am on page 4, but the software shows Page 7 of 5.

This topic has been moved to the related forum: Question about using free aspose android doc reader - Free Support Forum - aspose.cloud