No RAR or 7zip unlock goes past 0%

The topic is really the issue. The RAR and 7zip dialogs provide options, and it seems whether I choose none, some, or all the options, it starts for a half-second, then "Speed: 0 passwords per second. Last password is ‘’. 0%. And the Start button turns green again. The URL I am using is Aspose link.

For what it’s worth, I found these on a hard disk from in the attic of a house a friend bought. These are at least 20-year-old files.

Ideas?

@Mark3324

Could you please share the problematic file(s)? Also specify the Min password length, Max password length, Contains word and other options (anything that you can remember of your old password).

I wish I could, but this morning he said forget it, and took the disk back to use to offload his music library from his Mac to an external. He already formatted it.

But it seems odd that the tool would give up in a split second, regardless of what was known about length, any known characters, etc. I tossed a bunch of values, and for each, the process just stopped in a split second. Maybe they had incorrect extensions.

Should I come up with another, I will share it. Thanks anyway.

@Mark3324

RAR Password Recovery tool actually requires these details. However, please share the problematic file and we’ll investigate it at our end as well.