HTML to PDF table overflows

Hi! I have an issue with the conversion of HTML documents to PDFs. I try to convert documents created with TinyMCE where you can create a table with a sum of <td>'s width over 100%. That is rendered correctly in browsers - it gets scaled down to 100% with proportions but with Aspose conversion, all widths are applied literally causing an overflow.
How it looks like in browsers (Firefox, Chrome):
obraz.png (687 Bytes)
How it looks like after Aspose conversion:
obraz.png (1.2 KB)

Is there anything I can do to make Aspose behave the way browsers behave? I know that with table-layout: auto that would work but I have to use table-layout: fixed because with auto I have an issue with word breaking - a table cell would grow in width (ignoring the width setting) if there’s a non-breakable word, even with word-break: break-word (that also works fine with browsers). Only setting word-break: break-all makes Aspose respect the width but that is not acceptable as it breaks words when there’s no need for that. Maybe there’s another workaround I can use to make Aspose respect width and break words correctly?

I’ve attached the HTML file that shows this issue tables.zip (388 Bytes)

@wost

Are you using our backend API or the free web app?

I’m using backend API. The example is from web app but exactly the same issue is with API

@wost

We are investigating this issue for the free web app. Your investigation ticket ID is PDFAPPS-2568.
As far as backend API is concerned, we have created a thread on your behalf in Aspose forum. Your backend API related issue will be assisted there.

1 Like