From image *to* Visio?

The Aspose.Diagram Visio site works in the direction of Visio > other stuff. Someone gave me a project where a person quit and left behind Word docs with screenshots of Visio flowchart, but zero actual Visio files.

Is there something somewhere that can create a Visio from an image?

@TLMurray

Please take a look at this Image to Visio converter web app.

Yes, I failed to mention an important fact: I tried that. I uploaded the same JPEG and converted to the nine .VXXX formats, and each resulted in either a blank file or the result was the same graphic as a layer within a Visio. I tried to ungroup – no joy.

Then I read the text below the blue area to import, and when I saw “Supported Documents” was followed only by various Vision types, I thought, “Maybe those are the only inputs allowed.”

My Visio is Plan 2, info says “2202 build 14931.20292, 32-bit”. It’s a corporate machine. My personal machine is a Mac, and for what it’s worth – working for decades as the lone Mac users in a sea of Windows – the product OmniGraffle has worked back and forth with Visio very well, but all of the nine conversions either crashed OG or came up blank.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? It must be me!

@TLMurray

Please share the problematic file(s) and we’ll look into this issue.

Thank you. This zip contains the one JPEG and the various exports.AsposeTests.zip (564.9 KB)

@TLMurray

Thanks for sharing the concerned files. We are investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is DIAGRAMAPP-1323. We’ll notify you in case of any progress update.

It’s been 9 days, and I was wondering if you even been able to reproduce the issues?

1 Like

@TLMurray

Please note that all free support queries are assisted in first come first serve basis. Your ticket is still under investigation. However, as there’s any progress update, we’ll notify you.

@TLMurray

We have an update on this ticket. Since, the image only contains pixel information, so we can’t extract the shape and text from the image.

I think the page at Convert JPG To VISIO Online Free - JPG To VISIO converter is a bit misleading. It clearly says (in very large letters no less) “Free Online JPG to VISIO converter”. Then just below, “Convert JPG to VISIO online from any device. . . .”

One can argue that a resulting vsdx file is a Visio file, but a Visio with a JPEG image slapped on a sheet does not bring to mind “Hey, I made a Visio!”

I think you should explain what a user will get at the end. Heck, you could even get away with taking the page down. Why? Because I would venture to guess that most users of that page have Visio – I mean, why convert to Visio if you don’t have Visio? Any idiot with Visio can slap a static graphic on a sheet and claim, “Hey, I made a Visio!”

If my employee gave me such a file, I would say, “You kinda gave me a Visio, but not really.”

@TLMurray

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll update the conversion details.