Error on processing: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream

Hi,

When trying to convert a .ost file to .pst (using the web converter) I get this error message:

Oops! An error has occurred.
Error on processing: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

I tried multiple different .ost files ranging in size from about 16mb up to 1.6gb and all returned the same error message. The progress bar reaches 100% before the error is returned.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

@squatsch

We cannot reproduce this issue using sample OST files. Could you please share a problematic file (16mb)? We’ll then look into this issue.

Sure, heres a sample .ost that produces the error. It’s a fresh gmail account, imported in Outlook 2019 with default settings using IMAP:
sample-ost.7z (61.2 KB)
thanks

@squatsch

We could successfully convert the attached OST file to EML. Please have a look at these output files.zip (19.7 KB).

The output looks correct, and EML conversion of the sample file works for me, too, however it fails for larger, real-life OST files (“Error with HTTP protocol. The file is too big for this operation.”).
Does the conversion to PST work for you?

1 Like

@squatsch

There could be file size limitation. However, we are investigating that with ticket ID EMAILAPP-252. Meanwhile, could you please share a 16mb problematic file?

The sample file I sent above is a problematic one, at least for PST conversion

@squatsch

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID EMAILAPP-253. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

1 Like

unable to convert file format, received error: “grecaptcha is not defined” ???

@DianeMeinke

Could you please share the problematic file?